- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the their final position.
- You’ll visit us about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners during treatment is between 18 – 30, but both will vary from case to case.
How Are Aligners Made? You’d Be Amazed…
- The aligners are made through a combination of our expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
Related Clear Orthodontic Aligner Articles
Clear Orthodontic Aligners
The orthodontic treatment using clear aligners consists of a series of aligners that you change about every two weeks over a course of treatment lasting six to eighteen months depending on how much movement is needed… Read Article
Clear Aligners for Teenagers
Teens who regard traditional braces as restrictive, confining, and obstructive to their lifestyles now have another choice for orthodontic treatment: clear aligners. This advanced dental technology, originally geared toward adults, has recently evolved to treat a greater variety of bite problems in younger people. These improved orthodontic appliances can help teens function normally during a difficult phase of life… Read Article
Orthodontics for the Older Adult
Healthy teeth can be moved at any age, so there’s no such thing as “too old” for braces. In fact, nowadays about one out of every five orthodontic patients is an adult. Yet this figure represents only a small portion of adults who could actually benefit from orthodontic treatment… Read Article